Jelly Bean Junction Learning Center
Is your child on the right track?
At Jelly Bean Junction daycare we are dedicated to teaching, encouraging and nurturing your child. Our excellent child care
staff and specialized curriculum will help make sure your child
is on the right track to successful learning and growth.
Dublin, Ohio is the Corporate home of Jelly Bean Junction Child
Day Care Centers. We offer superior preschool and school age
learning programs throughout the Milford, Fairfield, Loveland, Amelia, Dublin, Columbus, and Cincinnati areas of Ohio. Please visit our Location page to find a daycare center
in your area.
Our specific Child Care Programs are listed below. If you have additional questions about our Child Care Centers or Curriculum please fill out our Contact Form or call us toll free at (614) 791-0050
We use a comprehensive curriculum to plan developmentally appropriate experiences for our children. Children are encouraged to make their own choices about the different experiences they engage in throughout the day. By giving children the power to make choices we are promoting independence and allowing children to work in their comfort zones.
At Jelly Bean Junction we realize that caring for any child is a partnership between the families and our staff. We feel that it is important to keep the lines of communication open between families and staff because families know their children best. We have an open door policy and encourage families to visit our centers at any time.
10 Signs of a great preschool
1. Children spend most of their time playing and working with materials or other children. They do not wander aimlessly, and they are not expected to sit quietly for long periods of time.
2. Children have access to various activities throughout the day. Look for assorted building blocks and other construction materials; props for pretend play, picture books, paints and other art materials, and table toys such as matching games, pegboards, and puzzles. Children should not all be doing the same thing at the same time.
3. Teachers work with individual children, small groups, and the whole group at different times during the day. They do not spend all their time with the whole group.
4. The classroom is decorated with children's original artwork, their own writing with invented spelling, and stories dictated by children to teachers.
5. Children learn numbers and the alphabet in the context of their everyday experiences. The natural world of plants and animals and meaningful activities like cooking, taking attendance, or serving snack provide the basis for learning activities.
6. Children work on projects and have long periods of time (at least one hour) to play and explore. Worksheets are used little if at all.
7. Children have an opportunity to play outside every day. Outdoor play is never sacrificed for more instructional time.
8. Teachers read books to children individually or in small groups throughout the day, not just at group story time.
9. Curriculum is adapted for those who are ahead, as well as those who need additional help. Teachers recognize that children's different background and experiences mean that they do not learn the same things at the same time in the same way.
10. Children and their parents look forward to school. Parents feel secure about sending their child to the program. Children are happy to attend; they do not cry reguarly or complain of feeling sick.
This article is published in the February 2011 edition of Cincinnati Parent Magazine titled 10 Signs of a Great Preschool from the National Assocaition for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Jelly Bean Junction Learning Center Mission
From language and literacy development to social skills and creative expression, the children at Jelly Bean Junction Learning Center are constantly being exposed to new activities and environments in which to thrive. We build on the strengths and interests of each child to help build a solid foundation where they can develop their futures. Get in touch to learn more about us.